T’s the season of merry, Happy Holidays to you! Making merry can look different to each of us and it is quite alright. Remember your happiness is what matters so a few ideas on how to protect your energy and stay safe this holiday:
- Create boundaries which may look like not having a conversation that you don’t want to, receiving calls when you have the energy to, not going home to the family because you don’t want to etc
2. Don’t go out partying without a friend or two for safety reasons.
3. Be vulnerable and listen to yourself, your body, mind, and soul. Tell the people you love, you love them. Express yourself. Connect with your support system. Seek therapy, mental health is important.
4. Go outside and breathe some fresh air. Enjoy the little things.
5. Find your pivot point, your center, and ground yourself.
A few ideas to stay indoors and still enjoy the Holidays;
Single all the way
The Death and Life of Marsha P.
Call me by your name
The Watermelon Woman
Queer TV series and documentaries
Still Black: A Portrait of Black Transmen
State of Pride
The Year we thought about love
Minority Women in Action (MWA) anthology New Rain
Rafiki Zetu by Dennis Nzioka
Stories of our lives by The Nest Collective
Meanwhile by Qintu Club
Invisible Stories from Queer Kenyan Communities by Kevin Mwachiro
Rainbow Childhoods by GALCK
Touch by HOLAA
Fairytale of Lost Children by Diriye Osman
Blogs and websites and pages to follow
AFRA they have a Christmas plan!!
Support queer business
e.g Leafy organic beauty for handmade aphrodisiac candles, oils, and black soap
Unapologetic brands for beaded pride accessories Pride Merch Ke for Rainbow accessories
Pride Merch Ke for Rainbow accessories
Bold merch from us Bold Network Africa drop us as a dm for hoodies, sweatshirts and polos
- Renaissance Album: An Ode to Black Queer Culture
- TAP INTO MAJIC’S DRAG WORLD
- Breaking Boundaries in Fashion: Alpha and the Rise of Genderless Chic & Fab Flair
- Tiff Mugo: HOLAAfrica!’s brainchild talks about blowing up the continent with queer fun & educative content
- Bi 101: What is Bisexuality? What is Pansexuality?